This is what you should know about the use and legality of polygraph exams in companies and how it helps you minimize risks in the selection of personnel.A great company like yours can’t trust “good faith” when it comes to building its high-performance team. Using polygraph exams in companies ensures the reliability of the selection processes and avoids headaches.
A Forensic Psychophysiological or polygraph examination allows to detect certain behavioral characteristics to have a more accurate profile of who you hire.
Without the intention of invading the privacy of people, as some might think, what you require in this case is to avoid, above all, malicious behavior that may put your assets at risk, the security of your information and the legality of your activities. For the best Lie detector test uk you can now find the best choices now.
What is a polygraph exam?
The polygraph exam, known as a “lie detector,” is an assessment that uses a scientific instrument to record a person’s neurophysiological changes, following a protocol of questions that are specifically constructed and after previous research to do a psychological stimulation; with the intention of verifying the veracity of the information provided.
This exam is also called Forensic Psychophysiological Exam because it uses scientific methods used worldwide to carry out investigations in different fields, such as criminalistics. It could be said that it is a study that evaluates how the mind interrelates with the body.
What is a polygraph?
It consists of specialized software with connections to different sensors that receive and analyze the evaluated person’s physiological reactions, after the stimulating questions, and record them continuously in a graph.
It is composed of:
- Pneumograph records the movements of the chest during breathing. Measure heart rate.
- Sphygmomanometer , which has a sleeve and a manometer to measure blood pressure.
- Galvanometer, with which the galvanic response or skin conductance (sweating) is recorded.
- Motion sensor.
How does a polygraph exam work? Step by Step:
When you are going to apply this exam you should proceed like this:
Begin by doing the interview and collecting relevant data to design the exam questions.
- The interviewee must be explained what the exam is about, the concepts to be evaluated and how the polygraph works.
- Once, the student has knowledge of the exam and the questions that will be asked, through the signing of an authorization document that states that he accepts the terms and submits voluntarily.
- The instrument components are then arranged and connected to the interviewee to record their physiological reactions.
- Once you are connected to the instrument, you start to ask the questions that generate the stimuli, and the answers will begin to be seen simultaneously on the graph.
- The fact that each person reacts in a different way, guarantees that the examinee cannot make a variation to the answer.
- Finally, the expert evaluating team must carry out the analysis of the registered reactions, which will determine if there is a lack of veracity.
Conditions for taking the exam To avoid affecting the results of the test and that the physiological state is not altered, those who undergo this test must do so in stable health conditions, have slept well, have not ingested any medication or psychoactive substance.